Sunday, February 14, 2010

Time to meet the babies...

I continued to go for ultrasounds and non-stress tests to monitor the babies. I had to go for the NST's twice a week. Sometimes both babies would cooperate and I'd be out of there very quickly and sometimes one or the other would be lazy and I'd have to wait around for them to pass the test. I was getting so big! I really wasn't as uncomfortable as people would have thought. The worst part was the swelling in my ankles, it was so ugly! Mom and Dad decided to go vacation when I was 35-37 weeks pregnant. I told them that if they wanted to be here when the babies were born then they were crazy to go on vacation at that time. They went, but came home early because they were too nervous to miss the birth. After all, I had Logan at 37 weeks and this time I was having twins! My blood pressure had started to creep up and I was certain they wouldn't let me go much further. My original due date was October 20, 2008. I had a c-section scheduled for October 7,2008- I would have been 38 weeks pregnant. My doctor's were not comfortable letting me go past 38 weeks due to the fact that I was having twins plus because of my emergency c-section with Logan.

When I was 36 weeks 2 days pregnant I had to go for a regular doctor's appointment. Mom decided to go with me and then we would go out to eat. Dad dropped us off and waited for us. When I went for my appointment my bp was high so they sent me over for a NST and to monitor my bp. I had been through this several times and every time my bp would come down and they would send me home. This time my bp would not come down. We waited and waited and nothing would change. My doctor came in and told us she thought it was time to admit me. Mom called Dad to tell him to come back to the hospital and I called Joe. The doctor told us that my bp was not so high that I had to deliver immediately so if we would rather wait and do it the next day after everyone got some rest that would be fine. We decided to do that for two reasons: 1. we wanted the doctors to be well rested 2. the next day was Joe's grandfather's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment